If elected in May 2021, the Scottish Liberal Democrats will:
Deliver an Education Bounce Back plan that:
- raises the age for the start of formal schooling to seven
- provides more in-class support to help every child reach their potential
- ends the casualisation of the teaching profession and improves teachers’ pay
- improves the attainment of Scottish pupils
- guarantees every child one week of outdoor learning
- Strengthen our relationship with the European Union and end the chaos caused by Brexit.
- Fight to reform the UK’s federal system so that nations, regions and communities have a greater say and Westminster’s power is curbed.
- Ensure the recovery from the pandemic is a green and just recovery. We will tackle fuel poverty, decarbonise heating and transport, and address the twin biodiversity and climate crises.
- Invest in mental health and end the postcode lottery so that all Scottish residents have access to the services they need, wherever they live.
- Establish a commission on preventing violence against women to report back with a year of the new parliament.